The export tool allows you to export your data as a CSV file for specific data types. This can be accessed from Tools > Export > Export.
Select the appropriate reporting period in the Period drop down box or a custom date range using the From and To fields.
Next, select the data type that you would like to export. The Download File checkbox is ticked by default, to view the data on screen just remove the tick and hit the Go button.
The export tool allows you to export a large number of items into CSV using either a specific period or date range. The data you can export includes:
- All Contacts: Exports a list of all contacts and their details within the system.
- Customers: Exports a list of all customers and their details within the system.
- Suppliers: Exports a list of all suppliers and their details within the system.
- General Ledger: Exports the general ledger that contains all transactions in double entry format.
- Sales Ledger: Exports data on all sales invoices. Each row represents 1 invoice.
- Purchase Ledger: Exports data on all bills. Each row represents 1 bill.
- Sales line items: Exports the itemised data of sales invoices. If an invoice has multiple items, the export will have a row for each item, showing the same invoice number.
- Purchase line items: Exports the itemised data of bills. If a bill has multiple items, the export will have a row for each item, showing the same bill number.
- Quotes: Exports all quotes in the system.
- Estimates: Exports all estimates in the system.
- Proforma invoices: Exports all proforma invoices in the system.
- Purchase orders: Exports all purchase orders in the system.
- Account codes: Exports all account codes with system and custom codes listed alongside account name.
- Unpad bills (BACS): Produces a BACS file for all unpaid bills in the system.
- Invoice items: Exports all sales and purchase stock items in the system.
- Expenses: Exports all expenses in the system.
- Expense items: Exports all expense items in the system.
Technical support is available from Monday to Friday, 9 - 5.
We also welcome you to visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.