Navigate to Settings > Accounting > Account codes menu.
The system currently allows you to update:
Account name, Account code (if toggled on), Account type, Associated VAT rate and the appearance of the account on sales and purchase transactions.
Please Note: It is not possible to change the account type on all accounts. The accounts that you are unable to change the account type on are:
- All the default system generated balance sheet accounts
- All the default system generated Salaries account codes (4001001 - 5)
- All the default system generated fixed asset depreciation account codes (4010001 - 4)
- All system generated account codes for bank accounts
- All system generated account codes for employee expenses
- All system generated account codes for shareholder dividend accounts
- All fixed asset account codes if used on a transaction
- Revenue (1001001), Cost of sales (2001001), Other income (3001001), Reclaimed expenses (3001002), General admin (4004001), Entertaining staff (4008001), Entertaining clients (4008002), Bad debt expense (4011001), Amortisation (4012001), Forex movement (5001001), Interest income (5501001), Interest expense (6001001), Bank charges (6001002), Corporation tax (6501001)
If you have any accounts which are currently using the wrong account type, delete the account (if still possible) using the wrong account type and re-add.
If it's not possible to delete the account create a new account with a new account type and make sure to hide the old account by unchecking the show in sales/purchases checkboxes. You can edit any existing transactions replacing the original account used with the new one.