If you meet one of the following criteria then you are exempt from employer duties:
- You are a sole director company, with no other staff
- Your company has a number of directors, none of whom has an employment contract
- Your company has a number of directors, only one of whom has an employment contract
- Your company has ceased trading
- Your company has gone into liquidation
- Your company has been dissolved
- You no longer employ people in your home (cleaners, nannies, personal care assistants, etc)
I meet one of the above critera, what do I do now?
- Fill out the Pensions Regulator's online form to inform them that you do not have any employees
- Follow our steps below on how to tell Clear Books Payroll that you are exempt.
How to notify Clear Books Payroll that you are exempt from Automatic enrolment duties:
Navigate to Employer > Details
Navigate to the Employees > View and click to view a director.
Select the Pension details tab in this employee's form.
- Set the 'Auto enrolment status' field to 'Excluded'.
- Ensure no pension scheme is selected and that all the date fields are left blank.
- Ensure the contribution fields (both % and amount) are set to 0.00.
- Tick the 'Exclude from assessment' box. Your form should now match the screenshot at the bottom of this guide. If the worker category box has a value, please ignore this.
- Press Save
- Repeat these steps for each director.
You have now successfully set up Clear Books to explain that you have no employer duties. Should your circumstances change you should inform the Pensions Regulator and follow our help guides for automatic enrolment.
For additional help, click here to view all our training options.
Technical support is available on Monday to Friday from 9 - 5. You can call us on 0203 475 4744 or email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.