First of all you need to decide if you are postponing all of your workforce, or just some individuals. If you are unsure please read the Pensions Regulator's detailed guidance on postponement.
To postpone the whole workforce you need to:
Select Pension from the left hand side menu
Add your deferral date to the Postpone until field. This is the date of which the assessment of workers is to be postponed until. Click Save
By law you must send communications to all staff. Use this postponement letter template: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/docs/Postponement-letter-template-for-all-employees.doc
On the deferral date, you must log on to Clear Books Payroll, run the 'Assess the workforce' report and resume your duties
To postpone individual employees you need to:
From the Payroll navigation, select Employees
Select the name of the employee you wish to edit
Select Pension details from the left hand side menu
- Add the deferral date to the Postpone until field. This is the date when you will assess the employee's eligibility to join a pension scheme
- Set the Auto enrolment status to Postponed
- Click Save
- By law you must send communications to all affected employees. Use this postponement letter template: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/docs/Postponement-letter-template-for-all-employees.doc
- On the deferral date, you must log on to Clear Books Payroll, to run the 'Assess the workforce' report to check the affected employee's eligibility and resume your duties
An employer can only choose to use postponement on certain dates. These are:
- Their staging date, in respect of any workers employed on their staging date
- The first day of employment, in respect of any worker starting employment after the employer's staging date
- The date a worker employed by them meets the criteria to be an eligible jobholder after the employer's staging date.
Please note, postponement cannot be used at automatic re-enrolment.
For additional help, click here to view all our training options.
Technical support is available on Monday to Friday from 9 - 5. You can call us on 0203 475 4744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.