From the Payroll navigation, select Employees > View
Select the name of the employee you wish to edit
Select Pension details from the left hand side menu
- Select Employee opted out from the Auto enrolment status drop down
- Under the Contributions section set the Employee's pension contribution (%), Employer's pension contribution (%), Employee's pension contribution amount, and Employee's pension contribution amount fields to 0.00
- Under the Auto enrolment section enter the date the employee left the scheme into the Date left scheme date field
- Under Delay enrolment section, enter in the date the employee opted out under the Date opted out date field
- Tick the Wait until re-enrolment checkbox. This means the employee will be re-assessed at your cyclical re-enrolment date so that you can fulfil your duties of automatically re-enrolling them at periodic intervals
- Click Save
By law you must remove the employee from the pension scheme - this must be done directly with your pension provider. Please speak to them if you are unsure how to do this.
If the employee is eligible for a refund (please contact your pension provider to confirm this) this can be given through the employee's payslip. Simply add a line pre-tax and NI with the amount to be refunded.
For additional help, click here to view all our training options.
Technical support is available on Monday to Friday from 9 - 5. You can call us on 0203 475 4744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.