By law you must enrol the employee into your pension scheme - this must be done directly with your pension provider. Please speak to them if you are unsure how to do this.
From the Payroll navigation, select Employees > View
Select the name of the employee you wish to edit
Select Pension details from the left hand side menu
- Select Employee opted in from the Auto-enrolment status drop down menu
- Under Contributions enter the percentage for employer's minimum contribution (1% until 2017)
- Enter the percentage for employee's minimum contribution as 1% until 2017 (for relief at source schemes still enter 1%, the system will automatically calculate it at 0.8%)
- Check with your pension provider for the correct percentage of contributions as different pension providers will have different requirements
- Under the Delay enrolment section, enter the Date opted in
- Click Save
We also welcome you to visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.