To set a pension scheme for an employee in Clear Books Payroll:
From the Payroll navigation, select Employees > View.
Select the name of the employee you wish to edit.
Select Pension details from the left hand side menu
- Select Enrolled in qualified pension scheme or Enrolled in pension scheme from the Auto enrolment status drop down
- Select a scheme from the Pension scheme drop down
- Input the date the employee joined the pension scheme in the Date joined scheme field. If you are unsure of the date, please contact your pension provider
- Set the Employee's pension contribution (%)*. If you are unsure of the contribution amounts, please contact your pension provider
- Set the Employer's pension contribution (%). If you are unsure of the contribution amounts, please contact your pension provider
- Click Save
* Clear Books Payroll supports the government tax relief where the government pay 20% of contributions and the employee pays 80%. This is automatically taken into account for relief at source schemes, when calculating deductions so in the Employee's pension contribution (%) field, still enter the full % amount (1% until 2017).
For example, if the overall employee contribution is 1% enter this amount to Clear Books Payroll and Clear Books will only deduct 0.8% from the employee to account for the government tax relief.
When using salary sacrifice, the contributions % is based upon the nominal salary.
For additional help, click here to view all our training options.
Technical support is available on Monday to Friday from 9 - 5. You can call us on 0203 475 4744 or email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.