If you employ people, part of your pensions duties requires you to assess your staff for eligibility. Clear Books Payroll has a report that will assess your staff, enabling you to see who is and who isn't eligible.
We assess using tax pay reference periods (starting 6th April) rather than regular wage periods (1st-31st).
Select the year, payroll frequency and period, then click the View assessment button. The report will run and the result will be shown on screen
What to do after you've run the report
Once you have run the 'Assess the workforce' report you need to identify which staff to automatically enrol and which have a right to join the scheme on request.
There are three classifications - Eligible jobholder, Non-eligible jobholder and Entitled worker. You have duties to carry out for each worker - actions to take are listed below.
For Eligible jobholders you have a duty to automatically enrol them into your automatic enrolment pension scheme and pay employer contributions.
- By law you must enrol the employee into your pension scheme - this must be done directly with your pension provider. Please speak to them if you are unsure how to do this.
- Promptly send any information the pension provider has asked for.
- By law you must send communications to your employees to inform them that you are enrolling them into a pension scheme. Use this letter template for staff who are automatically enrolled: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/docs/Letter-template-for-employees-who-are-being-automatically-enrolled.doc
For Non-eligible jobholders you have a duty to notify them of their eligibility to join the automatic enrolment pension scheme. Those who provide you with a valid 'opt in' notice will need to be enrolled into your automatic enrolment pension scheme and you will need to pay employer contributions.
- By law you must send communications to your employees to inform them of their entitlement to opt in to a pension scheme. Use this letter template for staff who are not automatically enrolled: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/docs/Letter-template-for-those-not-automatically-enrolled.doc
For Entitled workers you have a duty to notify them of their eligibility to join a pension scheme. Only those employees who provide a 'joining' notice will you then be required to enrol into a pension scheme (this does not have to be the automatic enrolment scheme) however, you are not obliged to pay employer contributions.
- By law you must send communications to your employees to inform them of their entitlement to join a pension scheme. Use this letter template for staff who are not automatically enroled: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/docs/Letter-template-for-those-not-automatically-enrolled.doc
We also welcome you to visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.