To add a pension scheme into Clear Books Payroll:
- From the Payroll navigation menu, select
Pensions > Pension scheme
- Click the Add new pension scheme link
- Enter the name of the pension scheme into the Name field
- Enter the name of the pension provider into the Provider field
- Select the checkbox if it is a Qualified pension scheme
- Enter the Employer Pension Scheme Reference*
- Enter the Pension Scheme Registry**
- Select the type of tax relief contributions for your pension scheme
- Select Net pay arrangement if the pension contribution is taken before the calculation of tax and NIC
- Select Basic rate tax relief at source if pension contributions are taken after the calculation of tax and NIC. Your pension provider adds the tax relief to the pension at the basic rate
- Select No tax relief if the scheme does not allow for tax relief contributions
- Select the earning basis
- Select Apply contributions to all pensionable pay if your pension scheme works out contribution amounts based on all earnings from the first £1 earnt
- Select Apply contributions to banded qualifying earnings only if your pension scheme works out contribution amounts based on earnings that are between the lower and upper limits - £5,824 and £42,385 for the 2015-2016 tax year
- Select the Supplier in Accounting that you want the bills for this scheme to be created against when importing into Accounting.
- Click Save pension scheme
Please note that contributions (percentage or otherwise) are set per employee in the employee details form. Please refer to assigning a pension scheme to an employee.
* An Employer Pension Scheme Reference (EPSR) is a mandatory unique reference number for your pension scheme normally found on your correspondence from your pension provider. For personal pensions, this may be known as the group policy number. For the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST), this is known as the unique employer NEST ID. If you are unsure please contact your Pension Provider.
**A Pension Scheme Registry (PSR) number is an 8-digit number starting with a 1. If you have a NEST pension scheme, please leave this field blank. Its not to be confused with the Pension Scheme Tax Reference (PSTR). If you are unsure please contact your Pension Provider.