If you're a business owner you may be aware of the UK government's automatic enrolment initiative, designed to help people save more money for later life through a compulsory workplace pension scheme.
All employers in the UK are legally required to enrol employees into a qualifying pension scheme and make contributions from your specific staging date.
- Set up a pension scheme with a pension provider who is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Know what information your pension provider needs from you and when.
- Make sure every employee has a date of birth and national insurance number entered in your Clear Books Payroll software.
When do your Auto Enrolment duties begin?
Some businesses will have received a 'staging date', this is the date at which their auto enrolment duties as an employer commence. Alternatively, your automatic enrolment duties start when you employ your first member of staff.
If you are unsure, please use the tool on the Pensions Regulator website to find out when your auto enrolment duties should begin.
Once you know the start dte of your auto enrolment duties, you will need to update the 'staging date' in Clear Books Payroll to reflect this:
- Sign in to your Clear Books account and navigate to the Payroll application.
- From the navigation menu at the top of the page, navigation select Employer > Details and click on the Pension tab, enter your date to the Staging date field
Technical support is available from Monday to Friday, 9 - 5.
We also welcome you to visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.