If you're a business owner you may be aware of the UK government's automatic enrolment initiative, designed to help people save more money for later life through a compulsory workplace pension scheme.
All employers in the UK will be legally required to enrol employees into a qualifying pension scheme and make contributions from your specific staging date.
- Set up a pension scheme with a pension provider who is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Know what information your pension provider needs from you and when.
- Make sure every employee has a date of birth and national insurance number entered in your Clear Books Payroll software.
Setting up your staging date
Each business will have a date from when their auto enrolment duties as an employer commence for automatic enrolment duties. This is referred to as the 'staging date'.
If you do not not know your staging date, please use the tool on the Pensions Regulator website to find out your staging date.
You will need to enter your staging date into Clear Books Payroll:
- Sign into your Clear Books account and navigate to open the Payroll application
- From the navigation menu at the top of the page, navigation select Employer
- You are now on the employer details form. Please ensure that all required fields under the Employer section are completed
- Now select Pension from the left hand side menu
- Add your date to the Staging date field
- Click Save
For additional help, click here to view all our training options.
Technical support is available on Monday to Friday from 9 - 5. You can call us on 0203 475 4744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, visit our Community to view our latest news & updates, raise new ideas, find answers to common problems, ask new queries and speak to other Clear Books users and employees.